Villa Taman Sorga
6 Bedroom Villa from USD 1095+++ / night
Larger families and groups of friends will feel the gravitational pull of Villa Taman Sorga. Its name meaning ‘heavenly garden’, this spacious tropical oasis promises a divinely relaxing vacation that will keep a dozen guests of all ages on cloud nine.
Taman Sorga has a great choice of living space so family and friends can enjoy social time together as well as quiet time apart. At the villa’s social heart is the wantilan-style living pavilion with its impressive two-tiered vaulted roof. This stately room can be flung open for semi-alfresco living or closed for air-conditioned comfort. Daytime, guests converge on the Bougainvillaea-draped pavilion by the 17-metre pool, sprawling on the oversized daybed or plumply cushioned chairs. The villa offers a sumptuous selection of eating areas: in the dining pavilion, there’s a formal air-conditioned section with a table for 12 plus an open-sided section furnished with a breakfast table and low table for Asia-style eating; then there’s a poolside dining terrace and an air-conditioned kitchen-diner where wonderful meals are whipped up by an accomplished cook – part of a long-serving team dedicated to looking after guests.
The six large air-conditioned bedrooms are sensibly configured to give guests lots of personal space, privacy and flexibility – three with king-size beds, two twins (convertible to kings), and one with two doubles. Alongside heritage furniture and antiques are contemporary gizmos: satellite TVs and DVD players in each room, marble bathrooms with hydro-massage showers and (in most) jacuzzi or bathtub, plus a media room and gym.
Located in a genteel residential area away from the bustle of the hotel belt, Villa Taman Sorga is a short stroll from the southern end of Sanur beach. With its shallow waters and strip of golden sand, the beach makes a perfect playground for the kids while parents enjoy a cold Bintang beer and fresh-from-the-fishing-fleet seafood in one of the eateries dotting the shoreline.
Villa Taman Sorga is tucked away down a quiet tree-lined lane in a mellow residential area of Sanur, worlds away from the bustle of the main tourist area a few kilometres north. Alongside the local warungs (cafés) are some interesting gems, among them Man Friday, serving excellent inexpensive fish and chips, Glo Day Spa & Salon, and the showroom for Carlo Pessini’s collection of contemporary furniture. Five minutes’ walk south brings you to Mertasari Beach, the southernmost stretch of Sanur’s famed golden sands, where you can enjoy seafood and a cold Bintang beer. Heading north are myriad restaurants, among them the villa owners’ favourites – Massimo, Arena Sports Café, and Firestation. Sporting guests have the choice of a nine-hole golf course, wakeboarding, kite surfing, kayaking, surfing and scuba diving, while culture buffs should make a beeline to Le Mayeur Museum and visit unique temples such as Pura Segara constructed entirely of coral, and Pura Belanjong, home to the island’s oldest example of writing. For a day out (and back in time), take the half-hour boat trip to Nusa Lembongan
– Wantilan living pavilion with multiple seating areas and a 42-inch TV and home cinema system under a two-tiered roof.
– Second living area on the deep veranda of the main house.
– Thatch-roofed dining pavilion with formal table for 12.
– Casual Thai-style dining at low table with floor cushions on the veranda.
– Large media room with two seating areas, 50-inch satellite TV and DVD player with home cinema system (attached bathroom with twin basins and a hydro-massage shower).
– Air-conditioned gym with Attack USA treadmill, X2Fit weight station, yoga mats and 32-inch TV.
– Exceptionally well-equipped air-conditioned kitchen with breakfast area.
– 17-metre lagoon-style swimming pool with bridge raised over the centre.
– Bougainvillea-draped pool pavilion with seating area and over-sized daybed.
– Sunbathing area with loungers and parasols.
– Poolside dining terrace with circular table and six armchairs.
– Extensive verandas and seating areas outside the bedrooms.
– Beautiful gardens full of tropical flowers and mature trees.
MASTER BEDROOMS – MAIN HOUSE
– Ground floor master bedroom with polished Merbau-wood floor and sliding glass doors onto a terrace.
– King-size four-poster bed and antique furnishings.
– Conservatory-style bathroom with hydro-massage shower, double vanity, and Balinese carved doorway to WC.
– Upper floor master bedroom featuring handsome antiques, including stately ceremonial beds.
– Double doors onto enormous veranda with several seating areas and an antique daybed.
– Large ensuite bathroom with jacuzzi and hydro-massage shower.
– 43-inch satellite TV and DVD player in both suites.
MASTER BEDROOMS – GUEST WING
– Two spacious air-conditioned bedrooms – one upstairs, one down.
– King-size beds and contemporary furniture including chaise longue and armchairs.
– Large walk-though air-conditioned dressing rooms.
– Huge marble-lined air-conditioned bathrooms with jacuzzis, hydro-massage showers, twin vanities, and bidets.
– 32-inch or 43-inch satellite TVs, DVD players, and surround-sound systems.
TWIN BEDROOMS – GUEST WING
– Two guest suites open onto a long balcony on the second floor of the guest wing.
– Air-conditioned, with twin beds that convert to kings.
– Air-conditioned bathrooms with bathtubs, double vanities, and hydro-massage showers.
– Both rooms have 32-inch satellite TVs, DVD players and surround-sound systems.
- LOCATION : Sanur, south-east Bali, Indonesia.
- CAPACITY : 12 (6 bedrooms: 3 with twin beds, 2 with kings and 1 with queen-size bed). A small single room is available for guests travelling with a nanny.
- LIVING AREAS : Air-conditioned living pavilion; terrace living area; dining pavilion – air-conditioned section with table seating 12 and casual veranda section with breakfast table and low table with floor cushions; media room; pool pavilion and covered terrace.
- POOL : 17m x 5m lagoon-style pool.
- STAFF : Villa supervisor; cook and kitchen helper; housekeepers; gardeners; maintenance, security. Babysitters and spa therapists available (on guest account).
- DINING : Indonesian, Asian and international menu. Special requests and dietary needs are accommodated.
- COMMUNICATION : Interconnecting phones in all rooms for local calls; WiFi internet access; mobile phone coverage.
- ENTERTAINMENT : 50-inch TV with home cinema system in media room; 42-inch satellite channel TVs and DVD players with home cinema system in four bedrooms; 32-inch TVs and DVD players in two bedrooms, kitchen and gym; music system; bluetooth speakers.
- FOR FAMILIES : With its flat lawns and shaded terraces, Villa Taman Sorga is a popular villa for families. Facilities for younger guests include a baby cot and high chair.
- TRANSPORT : On request, the villa staff will call one of Bali’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis, or organise a car and driver (on guest account). Bicycle hire is also available.
- ADDITIONAL FACILITIES : Gas barbecue; in-room safes; back-up generator; gym with treadmill, weights and yoga mats.
- PROPERTY AREA : 1,082sqm (villa); 3,709sqm (land).
|Bedroom||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|6 Bedrooms Villa||USD 1095++/night||USD 1325++/night||USD 1475++/night|
Villa Rates & Booking: