Seven Bedroom Villa in Canggu, Bali, Indonesia.
Villa Hansa is a divine retreat of refined privacy, vast space and delightful service, all just moments from the glittering volcanic sands of Pererenan beach.
This epic seven-bedroom villa is an elegant blend of tropical style and cool luxury overlooking a swathe of verdant rice paddies. It is a perfect choice for extended families or groups of friends, a professional team of staff including a private chef are on hand to prepare chilled drinks, delicious meals and give first-rate service.
The best and unique thing of this villa is a huge antique Javanese joglo housing a lounge and dining area, private kitchen and bar, which has been restored into a luxurious living space packed with exquisite artefacts. Deep comfortable chairs sit beneath an extraordinary carved teak structure and ceiling-to-floor to glass captures the lush views.
An 16-metre pool, surrounded by sun loungers and stylish Indonesian daybeds, is positioned between the joglo and four bedrooms with king-size beds. A large open-fronted dining and living space with a big kitchen forms the casual social hub of the estate. In the gardens sits a shingle-roofed balé with a pool table and barbecue perfect for riverside cocktails, and an open-sided yoga studio is tucked alongside a Balinese temple that is tended to daily with flower offerings and incense.
Villa Hansa’s master suite occupies a lush corner of the grounds. Luxuriously adapted from a second repurposed joglo, the suite contains a king-size bed and features a private 12-metre pool, a quiet walled garden, and a chic bathroom with polished concrete, gorgeous hand-made tiles and a stone bath set within a fishpond. An adjoining TV room connects to an antique timber gladak furnished with elegant antiques and a four-poster netted daybed. Set on lawns in this quiet corner of the estate is a second timber gladak house that is ideal for teens or a guests who enjoy seclusion. This wonderfully romantic traditional Indonesian home has twin netted beds, an ensuite shower room and its own shaded veranda.
- Located in a quiet and lush corner away from the main living areas
- Teak flooring and king-size bed below a rare central joglo carving
- Dressing room
- Air conditioned vanity area
- Open-sided bathroom with a rain shower, sunken bath and elegant lounge and seating
- Access to TV room that connects with a gladak bedroom
- Gladak rooms
- Two air-conditioned and fan cooled rooms
- Gladak 1 connects to the master suite and has a queen-size daybed
- Gladak 2 has a single daybed but can be set up with a double bed (extra charge)
- Gladak 1 features an ensuite with a deep rectangular volcanic stone bathtub while Gladak 2 has a rain shower.
- Both lead onto beautiful lawns that are bordered by tropical gardens
- Two air-conditioned and fan cooled contemporary bedrooms
- King-size four-poster netted beds
- Walk-in wardrobes
- Private ensuite bathrooms with a round travertine tubs
- Large picture windows looking onto the garden
- Each has a sitting area
- The ground floor bedroom has a garden terrace
- Two rooms furnished with king-size four-poster beds
- Air-conditioned and fan-cooled
- Hip stylish interiors with a chilled vibe
- A sofa in each room
- Ensuite bathroooms with round tubs, showers and internal gardens with flowering tropical plants
- Dressing rooms
- A large dining room with seating for up to 20 guest
- Dining for up to eight guests in the joglo
- Bar with seating for four people
- Air conditioned joglo house with sofa and chairs
- Established tropical gardens with manicured lawns and seating
- Comfortable balé with barbecue and seating area
- Timber terraces furnished with daybeds
- 16-metre infinity pool with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Riverside yoga studio
- 12-metre private pool alongside master suite
Villa Hansa is situated alongside a gentle river bordered by beautiful rice terraces in rural Pererenan. The immediate vicinity offers a smattering of hip cafes as well as traditional local haunts, and the many new and exciting dining and shopping establishments of Canggu’s Jalan Batu Bolong area are only a couple of kilometres away.
A short stroll from the villa brings you to the glittering black sands of Pererenan beach, and it’s famous surf breaks. Visitors to this area will meet locals and be blessed with an insight into the extraordinary religious lifestyle of the Balinese. Echo Beach with its casual dining scene and cool surfside restaurants is just a short walk along the sand. Just ten kilometres away is the famed Tanah Lot sea temple. The fabulous international dining choices and irresistible shops of Seminyak are just 12 kilometres away.
FEATURES AND AMENITIES:
- Location: Pererenan village, Canggu, south-west Bali.
- Capacity: 13 people (7 bedrooms: 5 king-size beds and 1 queen-sized bed plus a daybed in the TV room). Extra beds are available at additional cost.
- Living Areas: Joglo living pavilion with guest kitchen and bar; dining and kitchen pavilion with seating for 12; barbecue pavilion; TV room off master suite; riverside yoga studio/performance space.
- Pool: Main pool: 16m x 6m. 0.4m-2.4m depth; Secondary pool: 12m x 4m x 1.5m.
- Staff: Villa manager; cooks; housekeeping; security. Additional staff (babysitters, masseuses) available on request.
- Dining: Suggestion menu of Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes. Requests accommodated including special diets.
- Communication: WiFi internet access; guest mobile phone for local calls; mobile phone coverage (additional cost for credit); printer; fax.
- Entertainment: Satellite TV; DVD player; iPod dock.
- Spa: In villa treatments may be selected from a comprehensive spa menu and can be carried out by professional beauty therapists by arrangement (extra cost applies).
- For families: Villa Hansa is exceptionally well equipped for families. Facilities include: baby cot; high chair; DVDs; board games, pool table and table tennis.
- Transport: A private chauffeured car is available to hire for up to 8 hours a day at a special daily rate of US$ 35++. Parking space is available within the villa compound for self-drivers.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; yoga studio; pool table; table tennis; bicycle; massage room; safety deposit box.
7 Bedroom use 2018 :
7 Bedroom use 2019 :
5 Bedroom use 2018 :
5 Bedroom use 2019:
Exclusive use of the whole villa and listed services and facilities, 10 staff including a full-time manager, private chef, housekeeping, gardeners and security, car and driver for up to 8 hours per day (excluding petrol), table tennis and swimming pool.