Villa Maya Retreat
6 Bedroom Villa from USD 590 ++ per night
Villa Maya Retreat stretches out languidly along the banks of the Penet River that flows through the pretty village of Cepaka in the heart of Bali’s fertile ‘rice bowl’ Tabanan Regency.
This utterly private paradise is all about time out, and time together – for both relaxation and socialising. The tropical architecture and interiors pay tribute to traditional Balinese design, with open-sided alang-alang thatched living pavilions facing the 12-metre green-stone swimming pool, and six individual bedroom pavilions – three with plunge pools – thoughtfully laid out to maximise privacy and views. There are loads of outdoor living spaces among the lush jungle gardens too: after lunch on the dining deck, retreat to the shade of the poolside bale, enjoy a massage in the large curtain-swathed garden bale, or sip pre-dinner drinks on the lounge terrace overhanging the river.
Maya is ideal for families and groups of friends looking for a get-away-from-it-all place in a stunning location with lots of social space for partying and quiet corners for private time. While there’s no reason to leave – everything you need is at your fingertips and an experienced chef is on hand to prepare and serve delicious home-cooked Asian and Western meals – a driver is on standby for those eager to explore the island or scout Seminyak’s hip restaurants, bars and shops a 45 minute drive away. Beyond the villa, Cepaka village offers guests a glimpse of rural and religious traditions unchanged across generations.
This is a place to breathe in the essence of Bali, leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated for your return home
Villa Maya Retreat is situated in a jungle-clad river gorge close to the village of Cepaka in Bali’s Tabanan Regency, known as Bali’s ‘rice bowl’ due to its vast terraced rice fields. This quaint village bordering the Penet River is a rare example of a traditional Balinese community untouched by tourism and the rapid development to the south of the island. Villa guests are accorded a privileged insight into the agricultural, religious and daily life of the friendly villagers. Just 12 kilometres away is the famed Tanah Lot sea temple and the award-winning Greg Norman-designed Nirwana Bali Golf Course. The nearest surf beaches, including Echo Beach, are about eight kilometres from the villa.
– Open-sided, fan-cooled dining pavilion /living area overlooking the swimming pool
– 10-seater solid wood dining table
– Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel worktops and appliances
– TV lounge housed in large pavilion, with 42-inch satellite TV and DVD player, sofas and good collection of magazines and DVDs
– Indonesian artifacts and stone statues throughout
– Lush gardens shaded by tropical rainforest
– Picturesque river bank setting
– 12-metre green stone swimming pool, surrounded by timber deck with sun loungers shaded by white ceremonial umbrellas
– Al fresco dining area overlooking the pool
– Traditional-style bales and secret garden hangouts
– Atmospheric outdoor furnished terrace overhanging the river
– Entrance to the villa by stone stairs carved into a river gorge, alongside a trickling waterfall
– Secluded setting with private garden
– 5-meter plunge pool and timber sundeck overlooking the river
– Semi outdoor bathroom with terrazzo bathtub and rain shower made from black volcanic stone
– Walk-in dressing room
– Small TV lounge
– Sheltered patio with daybed.
– Air Conditioned
– Three spacious thatch-roofed sleeping pavilions are nestled along the riverbank, with wonderful jungle views
– Indoor sitting areas with rattan sofa and marble topped coffee table
– Glass doors leading to outdoor terrace
– Semi outdoor bathrooms set into stone cliff face with twin vanities and lava stone rain showers
– One suite with terrazzo bath tub, TV and DVD player. The other two equipped with their own music system
– Air Conditioned
UPPER TERRACE SUITES
– Two additional suites are set higher up with scenic valley views
– Plunge pools surrounded by timber deck with sun loungers
– Black rattan sofas with white cushions
– En suite bathrooms with tubs and rain showers – one is semi-open air, the other totally enclosed
– Air Conditioned
LOCATION : Cepaka, Bali, Indonesia.
CAPACITY : 12 people (six bedroom pavilions with king-size beds). 6 extra beds may be set up on guest request at additional charge.
LIVING AREAS : Open-sided living/dining pavilion; TV lounge; riverside lounge terrace.
POOL : 12m.
STAFF : Villa manager; chef; 2 villa attendants; 2 gardeners/pool attendants; 2 security guards. Masseuse and babysitter on request.
DINING : Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s menu. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
COMMUNICATION : WiFi internet access; landline for local calls; mobile phone coverage. IDD on request.
FOR FAMILIES : Baby cot; high chair; car seat; DVDs; games.
ENTERTAINMENT : Satellite TV and DVD player; surround-sound system; CD player; iPod dock.
TRANSPORT : Car and driver available for up to 8 hours per day at USD$25++ (excludes petrol).
ADDITIONAL FACILITIES : Safety deposit boxes.
PROPERTY AREA : 5500sqm.
This villa comes with every conceivable luxury – and then some.
Enjoy the exclusive use of the whole villa, its private swimming pool and unlimited WiFi and the flawless service of its team of staff, including a personal chef, villa manager, villa attendants and security.
6 Bedroom 2018
4 bedroom 2018
4 bedroom 2019
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in within 14 days.
Best Villa Rates at: